View 2013 Winners and award ceremony | View all entries on Flickr
Entries will be on display in the Main Library Conference Center:
- Saturday, February 22, from 2 - 5 pm
- Sunday, February 23, from 2 - 3 pm
Judging and Prizes
Prizes will be awarded in 6 categories: Preschool-K, Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, Grade 5-7, Grades 8-12 & Adults. Within each category there will be three winners: 1st Place, Runner-up, and Crowd Favorite.
- Judging: Saturday, February 22 from 11 am - 2 pm by a team of LEGO enthusiasts.
- Awards Ceremony: Sunday, February 23 at 3 pm.
Prize ribbons and LEGO store gift certificates will be awarded to the First place winner, Runner Up, and Crowd Favorite in each age category. Additionally, prize ribbons will be awarded to noteworthy creations in each age category
During the hours of 2 - 5 pm on February 22, attendees will be able to vote for their favorite in each age group.
- Use your own LEGO®, DUPLO®, Mega bloks® or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit, project found online, in a magazine, etc.
- Your creation must be on a base no bigger than 24 by 24 inches. The base can be wood, cardboard, a LEGO® flat base, etc. and can be decorated to fit with your project. Your completed project may be no taller than four feet tall.
- Prizes will be awarded in six categories:
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-7
- Grades 8-12
- One entry per participant or team where applicable.
- Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant in the team. Individual entries will not be permitted for team participants. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a prize ribbon (if applicable) a team will compete for a single prize.
- Deliver completed projects to Nashville Public Library at 615 Church Street at the time you selected during online registration. If you need to change your drop off time, please email us or call the Main Library Children's Division at 862-5785.
- Judging will be conducted on Saturday, February 22, from 11 am - 2 pm by a team of adult LEGO® enthusiasts. The doors will open at 2 pm for entries to be viewed by the public. Pieces may also be viewed on Sunday, February 23, from 2 - 3 pm.
- The awards ceremony will be held Sunday, February 23 at 3 pm.
- Completed entries MUST be taken home after the awards ceremony the evening of Sunday, February 23. Entries must be picked up by 4:30 pm.
Back to top
As part of registration, you will be asked to consent/agree that you or your child's work and/or likeness may be considered for display and/or promotion of Nashville Public Library programming and services.
For more information please contact the Main Library Children's Division at 862-5785.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Nashville Public Library Foundation
The Opry Mills LEGO Store