If you are having problems using the Overdrive downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, and movies, please see the help pages linked below. If you are having trouble downloading or transferring a title, please contact the library for assistance.
Step 3: Search for books in the Overdrive catalog.
Each title will display device compatibility.
Step 4: Download the item to your computer and transfer to your device.
Overdrive Checkout Rules
- 10 audiobooks/ebooks may be checked out at one time.
- Check out period for ebooks and audiobooks is 7, 14, or 21 days. Titles do not count towards 25 item check out or holds limit.
- Items may not be renewed.
- 25 Overdrive items may be placed on hold at a time.
- Books cannot be checked out by more than one person at a time.
- Many audiobooks can be burned to CD. They will stop working at the end of the check out period.
- Must have a library card number each time you check out a book.
Troubleshooting and more help
To transfer a book from Adobe Digital Editions to your Nook, plug your Nook into the computer using the USB cable. You should see Nook listed on the left side at the bottom of the Adobe Digital Editions. If you are asked to authorize your computer, authorize it with your Adobe ID. Then click and drag the book over to your Nook.
Sony Reader users:
eBooks come in two formats, EPUB and PDF. Sony Reader supports both formats, but you can only use one format at a time on your Reader.
Transferred OverDrive MP3 Audiobook titles are located under the ‘Music’ category on your iPod. OverDrive WMA Audiobooks are located under the ‘Audiobooks’ or ‘Books’ category.
Overdrive audiobooks and Open Office:
If you have Open Office installed on your computer, you may have difficulty opening the audiobook with Overdrive Media Console. The audiobook file you download is a .odm file - the same file extension as Open Office. Right-click and choose "open with Overdrive Media Console" to start the audiobook download.
Mobile app users:
You must set your preferred lending period in your Overdrive account to override the 7 day checkout on the mobile app.