All Davidson County Public Libraries offer wireless Internet access and printing from laptops (printing is compatible with PC only).
About the library Wi-Fi signal:
- Your Computer or PDA must be equipped to use Wireless, Wi-Fi,
or AirPort. Many devices have this built in, or available as an expansion card.
- You do not need a library card to use library Wi-Fi.
- The library wireless signal is filtered automatically and cannot be unfiltered by staff.
Wireless should work automatically. When you open the Internet, you should be prompted to agree to the library's Internet policy. If the wireless connection is not recognized immediately, there are two places to examine in the laptop. The System Tray and the Control Panel.
If there’s an icon in the System Tray, double click on the icon to open up the wireless connection window.
- If there is a “no signal” error, follow the instructions in the No Signal video.
- If wireless is not connected, follow the instructions in the Not Connected video.
- If wireless is not enabled, follow the instructions in the Disabled Wireless video.
If there is not an icon in the System Tray, you’ll need to go to the Control Panel and look at the Network Connections settings. Follow the instructions in the Control Panel video to view the status of the wireless connection.
Staff are happy to help you connect to the library Wi-Fi.