North Branch Library is located two blocks north of Jefferson Street and two blocks west of 8th Avenue North, at the corner of 10th Avenue North and Monroe Street.
North Branch Library was completed in 1915. Designed by C. K. Colley in the Beaux Arts style, it is one of the two remaining Carnegie libraries in Nashville (the other is East Branch). The oldest of Nashville's existing library buildings, its interior appointments (including floors, woodwork, and checkout desk) are original. Both the exterior and interior of the building have undergone restoration. The lower level includes an auditorium with its original 1915 stage. North has made a variety of important contributions to the North Nashville area community.