We are offering a new language learning service on August 1, 2014.
After a careful review of current online language learning products, we found that Transparent Language Online had the best overall curriculum for ELL/ESL and more languages and learning methods than Mango.
- Transparent Language Online will replace Mango Languages on Augst 1st.
- All access to Mango Languages will end on August 7th.
Please update your bookmarks to point to the new Transparent Language Online service.
What is Mango?
Mango Languages is an online language-learning system teaching conversation skills for a wide variety of languages. Our online learning system is easy to use, and it's free for all Nashville Public Library users. Library members and visitors have access to lessons in:
It's the easiest way to learn a foreign language!
- English for Spanish speakers
- Mandarin Chinese
Mango uses real-life situations and conversations to more effectively teach a new language. By listening to and repeating native conversations, you'll not only learn the individual words and phrases, you'll know how they're used in practical situations and conversations. You'll learn more than grammar, vocabulary and conjugation, you'll learn how to communicate.
With Mango online classes, you start learning immediately.
With Mango you'll...
- Achieve conversational results every step of the way
- Be able to engage in real and meaningful conversation with native speakers
- Be able to use 95% of the highest frequency words in your new language
- Be able to put these words together to create grammatically correct sentences
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in your new language to employers and forge stronger relationships with foreign customers, co-workers, and business partners
- While traveling, experience the country like you never have before