Conference Center Policy
In support of the Library’s mission and vision to connect our community, Nashville Public Library (NPL) provides Conference Center meeting rooms at the Main Library to individuals, groups, and organizations in the public and private sector. The use of the Conference Center facilities shall be in accordance with the policies set by the NPL Board and NPL procedures.
This policy applies to the use of the Conference Center meeting rooms at the Main Library during normal operating hours. Other meeting spaces within Main Library are reserved for library operations. This policy does not apply to private events held at Main Library after operating hours. (See Private Events Policy)
The NPL Director and NPL Board have the authority to make exceptions to the rules set out in this policy.
Use of Library Facilities
- NPL does not discriminate when making its facilities and meeting rooms available for public use. NPL does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, language, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities.
- Permission to use NPL facilities and meeting rooms does not constitute or imply NPL endorsement of the policies or beliefs of the group or organization using the room. Clients must not use advertising and publicity which imply that their programs are sponsored, co-sponsored, endorsed, or approved by NPL, unless NPL has given permission.
- NPL has priority use of facilities and meeting rooms.
- All NPL-sponsored events are open to the public and media.
- Activities held in the Conference Center may not interfere with regular library operations and library-sponsored events.
- NPL will determine the number and nature of events to be held in its facilities.
- NPL reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether that use falls within the scope of this policy.
- NPL staff or representatives may enter premises at any time and on any occasion.
- No rental fee is charged to government agencies, NPL sponsored events, or the Nashville Public Library Foundation (NPLF) during operating hours.
- NPLF Business Members are charged the non-profit rate.
- NPLF Corporate Sponsors can use Conference Center spaces free of charge once per calendar year (subject to availability).
- Waiver of fees applies to room rental only and does not include incidental expenses.
- If any additional library space is needed, an additional setup and teardown fee will be applied.
|Auditorium||Conference Room 1A or 1B||Conference Room 1||Gallery|
Audiovisual Services (AV)
- Standard AV services are provided free of charge. Standard support for our conference rooms include a podium with microphone, up to 2 wireless microphones (handheld and lapel available), and a screen for PowerPoint and/or video presentations. An AV technician will be provided to assist with set up only.
- AV support for Auditorium events includes the same equipment package with the addition of general stage lighting. An AV technician is required for the duration of events in the auditorium.
- Fees may be applied for additional AV services. Rates vary depending on need.
Food/Beverage Cleaning Fees
- An additional cleaning fee of $1 per person will apply when food and/or beverages are served.
- NPL reserves the right to collect payment for costs incurred through the use of its facilities and meeting rooms.
- Last-minute changes made by clients are subject to additional labor charges.
- Other fees may be applied based upon individual requests.
Denial of Use of NPL Facilities
- NPL reserves the right to accept or deny usage of facilities at any time, in accordance with this policy.
- NPL has the right to preempt any event for an NPL event. In such rare instances, NPL will put forth every reasonable effort to assist in reserving another date or NPL meeting room.
- Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group or any member of the group is disruptive to Library service, abusive or dangerous to individuals, the building, NPL materials, exhibits, or furnishings in the building.
Damages and Liability
- Depending on the scope of the event, the rental applicant may be required to show appropriate liability insurance, in addition to any required permit or license. For example, but not limited to, the service or consumption of alcohol. (See Alcohol Policy - Main Library)
- NPL is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any equipment or materials owned or rented by a client using its meeting rooms, neither before, during, nor after the event, nor at any time.
- NPL may collect payment if users cause damage to its facilities and meeting rooms. Any client using the meeting rooms shall be held responsible for willful, intentional, negligent, or accidental damage to the NPL building, grounds, collections, or equipment caused by the group or organization, its members, or those attending its program. Intentional damages include, but are not limited to, leaving a room excessively dirty or messy after an event.
- Clients must fully release and discharge the NPL Board, the Metropolitan Government, and their officers, agents, or employees from any and all claims for injuries, including death, damages, or loss, which may arise, or which may be alleged to have arisen out of, or in connection with the meeting or any use of the meeting rooms.
- The client must further indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the NPL Board, the Metropolitan Government, and their officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims, damages, costs or attorney’s fees for any injuries or damages arising in part or in whole from the accidental, negligent, intentional, or willful acts or omissions of the client, its members, or those attending the event.